Bikes For Kids 4th Annual Bike Giveaway - Easter Weekend 2023!
Bikes For Kids, Inc. will provide 500+ bicycles to local kids during our 4th Annual Bike Giveaway.
Bikes For Kids, Inc., is a Northern Indiana based 501(C)3 non-profit organization, geared toward helping kids ride into a happier, healthier childhood by providing bikes to those most in need. We collect and refurbish bikes with the help of volunteers and give them away on Easter Weekend, the start of the riding season.
The event will be held starting at 10:00 AM, Saturday, April 8th, 2023 (rain or shine) at the Hoosier Old Wheels and Freyman Pavillians (by the tennis courts) at Centennial Park in Plymouth, Indiana. Blissville Church in Plymouth will serve lunch at the event, consisting of hot dogs, chips and bottled water. Directions: On N. Michigan St. turn East at the CVS Pharmacy on Plymouth-Goshen Trail. Turn South on Randolph Drive and then follow the signs. Event Rules:
1) Between 10:00am and 11:00am, we will be providing bikes and helmets to qualified 2nd graders in the Plymouth Community School (PCS) and Culver Community School (CCS) Corporations. All PCS and CCS qualified 2nd graders will receive a new 20" bicycle and helment. Pre-registered siblings of the 2nd graders will also be given a refurbished and like new bicycle and new helmet. All children must be pre-registered through both Plymouth and Culver School Systems to receive a bicycle and a helmet.
2) Between 11:00am and 2:00pm we will offer new and refurbished bikes and new helmets to children of families participating in SNAP, TANF, and Free and Reduced Meals Programs attending Plymouth, John Glenn, Triton, Bremen, Argos, Union-North, Oregon-Davis and area Christian Schools. Proof of eligibility is required to receive a free bike and helmet.
3) Children must be present to receive a bicycle, no exceptions.
4) Parents or guardians must sign a waver and release of liability form.
5) Bike sizes will be matched to the child by local Certified Bicycling Instructors.
There are 4 Ways you can support this event:
1) Purchase a new kid's bike. Starting at $60.00, you can help make BFK a reality. Choose one or more kids to sponsor this year. Just purchase a bike from our online store and we'll pick it up (or a similar model based on availability) from our local Walmart at a pre-negotiated price. We'll make sure the bike is assembled properly and delivered to a needy child at our bike giveaway. A cash donation is also available in the store.
2) Donate a gently used bicycle to us. We'll clean and repair the bike and make it look like new.
3) Volunteer your time to clean, assemble and repair bikes. We have a local Plymouth based workshop, managed by part-time repair technicians. We always have project bikes that we're working on for the event.
4) Help us at the event. We need assistance with transportation, organization, food preparation, etc. This is the most important day of the year at BFK and it would simply be impossible without our volunteers and community members like you. All donations to Bikes For Kids, Inc. are tax deductable.
Our volunteer assembly/repair technicians will do their best to make sure each bike is safe and rideable. Bikes For Kids, Inc., assumes no liability for accidents or physical injury to the rider after receiving a bike. Our repair technicians will be happy to fix or replace any donated bike for a period of 30 days after the donation event. We highly recommend wearing a bicycle helmet for personal safety when riding.
For more information about this event, please contact Bikes For Kids, Inc., at (574) 221-5688, email firstname.lastname@example.org or our co-sponsors, The Integrity Academy of Martial Arts at (574) 316-2559 or Blissville Church (574) 936-8085.
Bikes For Kids, Inc. 19329 6B Road, Plymouth, Indiana 46563