Bikes For Kids 5th Annual Bike Giveaway - Easter Weekend 2024!
Bikes For Kids, Inc. will provide 750+ bicycles to local kids during our 5th Annual Bike Giveaway.
Bikes For Kids, Inc., is a Northern Indiana based 501(C)3 non-profit organization, geared toward helping kids ride into a happier, healthier childhood by providing bikes to those most in need. We collect and refurbish bikes with the help of volunteers and give them away on Easter Weekend, the start of the riding season.
The event will be held starting at 10:00 AM, Saturday, March 30th, 2024 at the Plymouth High School, Entrance #5, located at 1 Big Red Drive, Plymouth, Indiana. Blissville Church in Plymouth will serve lunch at the event, consisting of hot dogs, chips and bottled water. Directions: From E. Jefferson, turn North on Randolph Dr. From Plymouth-Goshen Trail, turn South on Randolph Dr. and then follow the signs. Event Rules:
1) Between 10:00am and 12:00pm, we will be providing bikes and helmets to all 2nd grade children and their siblings that are currently on a free or reduced lunch program (area schools, including Plymouth, Culver, John Glenn, Triton, Bremen, Argos, Union-North, Oregon-Davis and area Christian Schools will provide children with a form in advance that they can bring to the event).
2) Between 12:00pm and 2:00pm, we will be providing bikes to all other students, in all other grades, that are currently on a free or reduced lunch program from the schools above (like above, a form will also be given to the students from their schools) and, we will also give a bike and helmet to any other home-schooled or out-of-area child who presents a SNAP, TANF, EBT (Hoosier Works) or Medicade card at the door.
3) Children must be present to receive a bicycle, no exceptions.
4) Parents or guardians must sign a waver and release of liability form at the event.
5) Bike sizes will be matched to the child by local Certified Bicycling Instructors.
6) Bikes will be given away on a first come first serve basis. Be sure to arrive early as we will run out. We cannot take orders for bikes after the event.
There are 4 Ways you can support this event:
1) Purchase a new kid's bike. Starting at $60.00, you can help make BFK a reality. Choose one or more kids to sponsor this year. Just purchase a bike from our online store and we'll buy it (or a similar model based on availability) at a pre-negotiated price. We'll make sure the bike is assembled properly and delivered to a deserving child at our bike giveaway. A cash donation is also available in the store.
2) Donate a gently used (no rust please) bicycle to us. We'll clean and repair the bike and make it look like new.
3) Volunteer your time to clean, assemble and repair bikes. We have a local Plymouth based workshop, managed by part-time repair technicians. We always have project bikes that we're working on for the event.
4) Help us at the event. We need assistance with transportation, organization, food preparation, etc. This is the most important day of the year at BFK and it would simply be impossible without our volunteers and community members like you. All donations to Bikes For Kids, Inc. are tax deductable.
Our volunteer assembly/repair technicians will do their best to make sure each bike is safe and rideable. Bikes For Kids, Inc., assumes no liability for accidents or physical injury to the rider after receiving a bike. Our repair technicians will be happy to fix or replace any donated bike for a period of 30 days after the donation event. We highly recommend wearing a bicycle helmet for personal safety when riding.
For more information about this event, please contact Bikes For Kids, Inc., at firstname.lastname@example.org., The Integrity Academy of Martial Arts at (574) 316-2559 or Blissville Church (574) 936-8085.
Bikes For Kids, Inc. 19329 6B Road, Plymouth, Indiana 46563